Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life As A House

In my new house I have a gi-normous tv... we're talking like 42" or bigger... it's really huge. However, with this ginormous tv I have no reception. I can't get cable, I don't have satellite, and I don't have an antenna. I live alone and in the middle of nowhere... I need noise. So this means that I watch a lot of movies. That's fine with me, I love movies.

The other night I watched a movie I bought after only seeing a very brief clip. I had never heard of it, but it was a great investment. I don't usually do that, but this time I'm glad I did.

If you've never seen Life As A House I recommend you go watch it now... or maybe tonight... really soon anyway.

I've tried three times now to write a synopsis of the movie, a review or something of the sort, and every time it comes vastly short of communicating the greatness of this movie. It is a beautiful picture of the relationship between a father and a son and the growth that happens as they build a house together. I especially recommend it for anyone who works with teens.. but really it's just good for anyone.

I will forewarn you that there is fair amount of language and some very adult subject matter, but almost all of it is essential to the story line and appropriate to the situations.

Again... go watch this movie!

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Kleinfeld said...

yeah.

seminary is fun.

i heard life as a house is good.

i think i saw a clip from it at YS...

3:41 PM  
Blogger matthew said...

I have seen Life as a House. It is above average. I am a Jena Malone fan.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Hey Roomie! Was looking through pic's of fun day's at bbc, made me smile & think of my sweet Alison. Thinking of you! Hugs!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Nata said...

Watched it today based on your recommendation - LOVED IT!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home