Monday, March 13, 2006

Another Question

Two posts in a matter of minutes... can you believe it? The shock of the century I must say.

Okay, here's the question. My district has just started a 40 day prayer and fasting campaign. Fasting is supposed to be a personal, private thing, right? Not something you talk about. All that stuff in Matthew about pagans, yeah... I don't want to do that. So how do I respond when my co-workers ask what I had for lunch, etc? I have a pretty curious bunch of co-workers... especiallly where food is concerned. In fact we often eat lunch together. I want to avoid discussion that's going to make me appear to have a "holier than thou" attitude, but I also recognize that it might be an opportunity to have a spiritual conversation.

Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger matthew said...

I'd consider telling 1 of them privately why you're skipping meals. Perhaps the one you sense is the most open to spiritual things or maybe just the one you are closest with.

I bet she'll take care of the rest

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home