Thursday, August 24, 2006

Enough Already

I've decided that I've had enough already. Enough of summer that is.

I'm ready for fall to start. The kids are going back to school, that should mean that it is fall, not that it is 85-90 out (yes, that's what the weather's been like here). I'm ready for sweaters and crunchy leaves. I'm ready for bright blue skies and crisp cool days. I'm ready for pumpkin pie, cinnamon buns, candy corn, and apple cider. I want reds, yellows, oranges, and browns to be the colors of everything in my house.

I am ready for fall!

Mostly I think I love the smell of fall. There are so many great smells that are a part of fall. (Do you agree Rob?) Hurry up fall!

What's your favorite part of fall?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

i love fall. i was born in the autumn and it is my favorite time of the year. i like the smell. i like the cool air, i like to wear scarves constantly, and i especially like the sound of my feet crunching on gravel roads as i walk to take in the scenery. The autumn is when i am most aware of God's creativity in Earth.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Heather P said...

I really want fall to hurry up too! I want to wear long sleeves and knit, but it's just too hot! I'm thinking of having an apple party once fall hits, apple pie, apple cider, apple butter, applesauce, apple juice, apple crisp...come out to Denver, it'll be fun.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Dena said...

Hi Date! I love ya and miss ya! I also love fall. Growing up I hated it because we had and acre and half and, as an only child, I had to do all the raking a couple times a week. But now that I am a grow-up (sometimes) I love autumn. We do not really have seasons here in CR, only lots of rain, and little rain. It is 70-75 degrees in the winter, and low 80s in the summer. So I defintely miss the turning leaves, the way they crunch under your feet, how fresh and misterious everything becomes, and the feeling that the world is about to change into something spectacular. I know I will miss winter and snow, too, but maybe I'll comment on a future blog with that one.
BTW, since I am in CR I'm a season behind on the "Girls". I must wait for them on dvd for Christmas, so don't tell me anything.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home