Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Imagination

Have you ever heard the song God Has a Wild Imagination? It's totally cheesy and from forever ago... I used to roller skate to it in high school. But the words are pretty accurate, I'd say that God has a pretty wild imagination, have you ever looked at a platypus? Anyway...

In revival this week I was reminded that God wants to put our imaginations to the test:

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"

Now, I think I have a pretty good imagination. I spent most of my childhood playing make believe. My best friend and I invented our own universe for goodness sake, I don't think anyone used their imaginations more than we did. But yet God says to us "try me, I'll show you... I'll do you one better".

The speaker of the evening told us of having sit down imaginations with God - times where she sat down with her journal and simply imagined with God about the things that they could do together. For her it was reaching a million souls for him, teaching in four different continents, ministering to the leaders of our faith. She made me think, do I ever imagine with God? Do I accept his invitation to put my imagination to the test? If I let my imagination take over what could God and I do together?

I took some time the other day to imagine with God. I wrote down all that thought about. I can't wait to see how God works. Do you imagine with God? What do you imagine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home