Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm such a freakin' girl!

I think all of you girls can sympathize with this... and if you can't, well, I don't like you today :)

I normally consider myself a pretty together girl, even keeled, not given to fits of girliness or over-emotion. In fact, girls who are like that irritate me. However, on occasion I do just the things that irritate me the most.

I just spent a good 5-10 minutes with tears streaming down my face... a pretty good cry... for a SONG ON THE RADIO!!! You may have heard the song before, and if not, get to it, you'll probably cry but it will be worth it. I tell you what, it's about the most touching, tear-jerking thing you ever heard. The song is "I'm Already There" by Lonestar, but it's the Message From Home remix. If you don't know the song, take a look at the lyrics and then use a little imagination... throw in a little girls voice telling her daddy that he's her hero, then a woman's voice saying "he was in my dream last night and I was so excited to roll over and tell him about it, until I remembered that he wasn't there", as many "I love you"s and "I miss you"s and "come home safe"s as you can imagine and you'll have some idea what the thing sounds like.

I'm Already There - Lonestar

He called her on the road
From a lonely cold hotel room.
Just to hear her say I love you one more time
And when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughing in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye.
A little voice came on the phone
She said, Daddy, when you coming home?
He said the first thing that came to his mind.

Chorus
I'm already there,
Take a look around.
I'm the sunshine in your hair,
I'm the shadow on the ground.
I'm the whisper in the wind,
I'm your imaginary friend.
And I know I'm in your prayers,
Oh, I'm already there.

2nd Verse
She got back on the phone
Said, I really miss you darlin’.
Don't worry about the kids, they'll be all right.
Wish I was in your arms,
Lyin’ right there beside you.
But I know that I’ll be in your dreams tonight.
And I’ll gently kiss your lips,
Touch you with my fingertips.
So turn out the light and close your eyes.

Chorus
I'm already there,
Don't make a sound.
I'm the beat in your heart,
I'm the moonlight shining down,
I'm the whisper in the wind,
And I’ll be there to the end.
Can you feel the love that we share?
Oh, I'm already there.

We may be a thousand miles apart,
But I’ll be with you wherever you are.

And so, a song has reduced me to a blubbering mess of a girl once again... and I say again... sometimes I hate being a girl!

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

some times a good cry is needed. I had one this week too.

and i watched reruns of ally. oh how i miss you and nata

10:14 PM  
Blogger Mommy of Four said...

I can't believe I STILL haven't made it onto your blogger list! I'm so sad....:(

1:34 PM  
Blogger Before the Rain Bath and Body Products said...

You think you cried when you heard that song! Try hearing it for the first time when your husband is deployed. I've got your 10 minutes of crying beat by a good 20 minutes if not more! Give in to the girliness. Otherwise you're nothing but a boy with curves. ;-)

p.s. Sorry for all of the times I've irritated you. It must be nice to be born with just the right amount of hormones and no imbalances! lol.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Nata said...

I don't freaking care how much you cry - I'm just so glad you're POSTING again --- I miss you so much, roommate!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home