Friday, December 24, 2004

A Much Needed Rest

I need to either post more often, or I need to think less. I'm afraid that every time I sit down to write I'm going to write a book, because I have just so many things going on in my head. Or maybe the deal is that I just need to be more selective in what needs to be shared. :)

I did not work today... it was such a wonderful feeling. It was the first day off I had had in almost two weeks. The second day off in...almost a month. I like my jobs, really I do... well, most of the time anyway. But really, a break is so nice. I was able to do some things that I never get to do... go to the bank, eat lunch, I even watched two movies!

Probably the best thing about my day off though was that I had the chance to spend some time with my youngest brother. We've always been close and he got married this past summer so we don't see much of each other anymore. I still feel like he's a little kid so much of the time, but I know that I have to start looking at him as an adult. Do you suppose that I'll ever get to that point where I don't feel like I need to take care of him and protect him? He's my baby brother, it's my job isn't it? Or is it his wife's job now?

So much for a thought provoking post... again however, there are just so many thoughts, it's hard to know which one to run with. I'll run with a new one tomorrow, and it will be much more thought provoking, I'm sure of it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Hi Alison :) i don't know if it ever goes away....the older sister syndrome. it hasn't really for me yet. but i AM trying to think of my sibs as being my peers now....at least the ones over 20. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Heather P said...

How is Baby Nina? ;) HeatherP

11:02 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Baby Nina is still called Nina if you can believe that... well, at least some form of it, by at the very least my mother and I. He's okay... he's pretty discouraged though. He's living in Newport/Derby and misses us (chalk it up to being a close family, it's not that we're all that wonderful and worth missing). He's lonely and dissatisfied with his jobs and lack of money. I don't think that he's finding married life as wonderful as he once thought. I'm hoping it's going to work out for him though. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to being a sister in law and having a sister in law, but I suppose it will get easier eventually. Did you find there was much adjusting when Ed got married?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Heather P said...

Well, by the time Ed got married he had been living in another state for several years. Although it was very hard visiting him and his first wife (needless to say she is out of the picture now) as they were very unhappy. His wife Beth is wonderful and I love her, I think Ed is a little weirded out by how well we get along and gang up on him. But as my family is, Ed in Georgia, Janice in Connecticut, Mom & Dad in Texas and me in Colorado we're probably not as close as your family.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home